Pete Oxley / Nicolas Meier - UK and European tour dates, September - December 2017.
Wednesday, August 02, 2017
We have received the following press release;
Oxley-Meier’s Dble Guitar Album:THE COLOURS OF TIME “A Feast of Virtuosity”
“A fascinating fusion opulent with evocative splendour.”
“When it comes to empathy, this duet of guitar virtuosi comes close to perfection.”
The Observer ★★★★
“not just a guitar album to love, a jazz album to savour but a joyous album of music that reaches toward a goal beyond.”
“This album captures the lightning in a bottle effect created by the union of two perfectly matched artists and is already the front runner for my album of the year.”
“This album is a wonderful example of the high level of music that can be made by combining two great guitarists/composers/improvisers such as Pete and Nicolas. They have put together a feast of virtuosity, delivered with depth, wit and joy”
Ralph Towner (Oregon etc.)
The above quotes refer to the duo’s double-CD, The Colours of Time, released February 2017 with a major UK tour of 35 dates. These took place in a vast array of venues and festivals including the London Jazz Festival, the Sage Guitar Festival, Musicport (world music festival), numerous art centres, large and small jazz clubs and various unusual stages. The Colours of Time (MGPrecords CD019) is their most ambitious album to date, in that it is a ‘double’: one disc in duo format, the second in quartet with bass and drums.
This album follows Oxley – Meier’s second release in 2015, ‘Chasing Tales’, which was supported by three tours, totaling 90 dates. Pete and Nick are now preparing three further tours to support The Colours of Time: November/December 2017, March/April 2018 and October/November 2018, all covering the UK and Europe.
Since the spring ’17 tour, the duo has been offering venues the option to perform as a quartet: as per the second disc of the new album, the quartet for live gigs features the incredible rhythm section of Raph Mizraki (acoustic & electric basses) and Paul Cavaciuti (drums).>>YOUTUBE VIDEO INTERVIEW HERE.<
Impressed by the Oxley–Meier guitar phenomenon, Jazzwise invited the duo to become the first-ever featured artists to have a cover mount CD attached to the magazine (December/January 2015/16 edition).
September 23rd, West Mailing Festival, UK
• November 17th, Cadogan Hall, London, UK
• November 18th, St-Gilles, Oxford, UK
• November 21st, Twickenham Jazz Club, UK
• November 23rd, Narbeth, Wales
• November 24th, Oswestry, Shropshire, UK
• November 25th, Zeffirellis, Ambleside, UK
• November 29th, Haverhill Arts Center, Suffolk, UK
• November 30th, Dereham Jazz Club, Norfolk, UK
• December 1st, the Hunter Club, Bury St-Edmund, UK
• December 2nd, Saffron Walden, UK
• December 3rd, Colchester Arts Centre, Colchester, UK
• December 6th, Scarborough Jazz Club, UK
• December 7th, Bradford, UK
• December 8th, Derby Jazz, Derby, UK
• December 9th, Lincoln Jazz Club, Lincoln, UK
• December 13th,Cafe Museum, Passau, Germany
• December 14th, Kiste, Stuttgart, Germany
• December 15th,
• December 16th, Eupen Jazz Club, Belgium
• December 17th, Mampf, Frankfurt, Germany
• December 19th, Jazz ohne Stress, Freiburg, Germany
• December 20th, XXeme, Fribourg, Switzerland
Danielle White +44(0)7841675263
JAZZ MANN FEATURES
Ian Mann on the final, family friendly day of the Festival with performances by Samba Galez, Budapest Ragtime Band, Chris Moreton, Kitty & The Purramours and the Red Stripe Band.
Ian Mann enjoys a day of wall to music including performances by three of the great entertainers of British jazz, vocalist Ian Shaw, saxophonist Gilad Atzmon and electric bass specialist Shez Raja.